my way...

Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 |

as soon as i arrive in another country, even before visiting the museums or churches, I do few things : observe the people, the local street markets, the color of houses, and to savor the aromas; and then I seek out the local food, because without the experience of food I would not understand the place I'm in and its unique way of thinking....
in all these cases, I went looking for food not simply to satisfy my palate, but to experience a certain kind of culture; not only to savor a taste, but to experience enlightment, or a flash of recollection, or to understand a tradition and make it known to others..

Phu Qouc island was amazing just like the most of vietnam... i smelled, tasted, rested and watched the life that goes on in every day living there..

only a few more days here in Nam and i'm starting to get the feeling i'll be cultured shocked in the US of A... trying not to think about it all..

"He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass."
Edgar R. Fiedler

i have come to sense on what i enjoy eating and cooking and hopefully i can transition it my way, with the best source of inspiration and teacher momma le...

"Regrets I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption"
my way - Frank

0 comments :

Post a Comment